Here you will find a description of some NEW UPDATES to the office. Please do not hesitate to call with questions and/or concerns. Bear with us as we implement these new policies. Everything is done in order to keep you the patient(s), staff and the community safe while delivering the highest quality care. We continuously monitor the local and regional COVID-19 situation and follow all local, state and federal guidelines put forth by the CDC, ADA, OSHA, AAOMS and others. Here are some of the new changes in the office:
- Beginning May 18th, we plan on opening the front office part time to begin scheduling xrays/radiographs, brief exams (as needed) and virtual appointments (i.e. Telemedicine/Teledentistry).
- We hope to have an office schedule up and running by May 27th. We will be seeing emergencies and those patients experiencing pain, swelling and other symptoms requiring urgent attention. Please call if you require care and we will do our best to schedule you as soon as possible.
- NEGATIVE PRESSURE SURGICAL SUITES AND PPE
- During the shutdown we took the opportunity to update our office by creating two negative pressure surgical suites to maximize air clearance and reduce exposure to aerosol created during a procedure.
- We have the option of using PPE respirator systems (including PAPR) which keeps the patients, staff and doctors almost completely isolated from each other from a respiratory standpoint. Yes, for some procedures it may be overly cautious, but it is undeniably the safest approach.
- All procedures will be performed with appropriate PPE including fitted N95 + Level 3 surgical mask (or P100 respirator) and a face shield, +/- goggles.
- Consultations and post-op appointments will be performed via teledentistry/telemedicine whenever possible. This approach is often times much more convenient and reduces the unnecessary exposure of waiting in an office and face-to-face discussions.
- Both xrays/radiographs and clinical exams will be performed with the intention of moving patients in and out of the office efficiently. We have the ability to obtain xrays/radiographs quickly and withOUT removing facial masks. Most conversations and discussions will be had via telemedicine/teledentistry after the physical visit to reduce the amount “face-to-face” time.
- In some situations we will require Covid-19 testing prior to a visit or procedure, which will be determined on a case-by-case basis depending on patient risk, exposure, type of anesthesia, etc.
- NO CONTACT WAITING ROOM
- No more congested waiting room. No more waiting in the waiting room.
- We will be implementing a no contact waiting room where you will wait either in the parking lot or at home, depending on location and scheduled appointment time. You will be notified when ready and will be met outside by a member of the staff. the office for a temperature check. Masks are a Must and you will be required to wear a mask at all times. The mask will be removed only briefly during exams and during treatment.
- Pre-visit/Pre-surgical paperwork, including a COVID-19 risk assessment questionnaire, will have been completed electronically before the appointment and a pre-visit virtual discussion should have answered all (or most) questions before entering the office.
- During the appointment, patients will be accompanied by a member of the staff to expedite the visit and reduce any unnecessary time in the office.
- ROBOTIC ASSISTED DENTAL IMPLANT SURGERY
- We have the ability to perform Robotic Assisted Dental Implant Surgery, which reduces the amount of surgical time and aerosol created by dental implant procedures (less exposure for everyone involved with better accuracy). The use of this equipment will be determined on a case-by-case basis and only when appropriate.
These are just some of the new measures we’ve implemented. It will certainly give the office a different “feel” but it is necessary.
We hope everyone is holding up well during this unprecedented time in our country. Do not hesitate to call at any time and stay safe.
Everyone at the Connecticut Center for Oral, Facial and Implant Surgery